Location: Cranbury, NJ
Whitman is looking to hire an experienced Structural Engineer Senior Project Manager.
- The candidate shall be expected to write proposals, attend client meetings, prepare invoices and perform business development activities.
- Work with clients to develop the project’s structural engineering needs including structural system selection and offer opinions to the relative cost of construction for the various structural systems that may be under consideration for a project.
- Coordinate with the client’s design team, and other engineering disciplines, in the preparation of structural documents for coordination / review, permit, bid, and construction.
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of quality documents that meet a client’s needs for a particular project.
- Conduct field investigations to document existing conditions, including the use of scaffolding, man lifts and ladders.
- Conduct research of building codes and existing structural drawings.
- Develop analysis of existing structures and design of structures based upon field notes and research findings.
- Be available to travel for work, approximately 3 to 5 days per month usually in the northeast US.
- 8+ years of project experience as a structural engineer.
- Must possess a sound working knowledge of building codes, building design and construction, modern construction materials and methods.
- Must be capable of working individually and within a multi-discipline environment.
- Must have good research, documentation, record keeping and technical writing skills.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills and be able to present reports and presentations.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to exercise diplomacy conducive to working with clients.
- Must possess the ability to carry a project from design-development to detailed design and through construction.
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCad. Working knowledge of RAM and other structural analysis/design programs a plus.
- Past project base in the educational, commercial, residential, entertainment, retail, healthcare, pharmaceutical/biotech, chemical, or industrial industry sectors a plus.
- Professional Engineering (PE) Registration in the States of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, or the ability to obtain, a plus.
- Active involvement in industry-related societies a plus.