Location: Cranbury, NJ
Whitman is currently seeking an Environmental Remediation Project Manager to join the firm’s Environmental Division. We are seeking a candidate with extensive experience in environmental remedial investigation, soil remediation (excavation and capping), groundwater remediation, in-situ treatment and/or system design and operation. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills for client interactions and the skills to work in a team environment.
- Technical design/strategy and management of Whitman’s environmental engineering and remediation projects.
- Directing the implementation of a wide variety of advanced and conventional remedial technologies and methods to meet clients’ regulatory and redevelopment driven goals.
- Performing Site/Remedial Investigations.
- Treatment System Design and Maintenance.
- Analytical requirements and procedures.
- Soil and groundwater remediation (in-situ, conventional, innovative)
- Data management and evaluation.
- Work plan development.
- Environmental permitting activities.
- Preparation of electronic deliverables.
- Interaction and coordination with clients, subcontractors and regulatory agency staff.
- Collaborating / assisting in developing Remedial Action Work plans and other reports.
- Preparation of Bid Specifications.
- M.S. Degree in engineering (preferred), environmental science or geology background.
- Certification as professional engineer in NJ, in addition, NY and PA is desirable.
- 7-15 years of experience with remedial engineering design.
- Environmental consulting experience leading and performing the following tasks: cleanup alternative analysis, remedial system engineering design, cost estimation, construction/remediation oversight, operation and maintenance plans, report and work plan writing.
- Experience performing in-situ injections, soil excavation, and air-sparging remedial actions.
- Must have been in charge of investigation, remediation and compliance projects of significant complexity, including supervision of staff and contractors.
- Must have had substantial interaction with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to articulate project conditions with the Administrative Requirements for the Remediation of Contaminated Sites.
- The ability to clearly articulate new approaches through written proposals.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience working with NJ Technical Requirements for Site Remediation and Technical Guidance Documents, Administrative Requirements for the Remediation of Contaminated Sites and Field Sampling Procedures Manual.
- Proficiency in data management and tabulation.