Location: Cranbury, NJ
Whitman is currently seeking an Entry Level Environmental Scientist to join our Environmental Division. The ideal candidate for the Environmental Scientist vacancy would have at least 1-2 years of experience conducting Phase I/Phase II Environmental Site Assessments/Site Investigations; additional experience will also strongly be considered. Familiarity with the NJ Technical Requirements for Site Remediation and NJDEP Field Sampling Procedures Manual, as well as experience conducting NJDEP Preliminary Assessments and soil/groundwater sampling a plus. Candidate must have 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and necessary 8-hour refresher courses.
- Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and/or NJDEP Preliminary Assessment due diligence projects, including site inspection sand report preparation.
- Conduct field assessments such as soil and/or groundwater sampling and report preparation.
- Assist in preparation of Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) and NJDEP forms.
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience conducting Phase I/Phase II Environmental Site Assessments.
- Working knowledge of ASTM Phase I Standard, All Appropriate Inquiry Rule, NJ Technical Requirements for Site Remediation, Administrative Requirements for Remediation of Contaminated Sites, and Field Sampling Procedures Manual.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience in CADD a plus.