Location: Cranbury, NJ
Due to our growing field operations work, Whitman is currently seeking a Construction Foreman with a minimum of 5 years of experience to complement our Environmental Remediation, Waste Management and Asbestos Abatement Divisions. Their responsibilities will include field and equipment operations, in addition to waste transportation.
We are seeking a candidate with a commercial driver’s license (CDL), Class A or B, with experience implementing environmental remediation and excavation projects, and solid experience as a foreman and equipment operator. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills for staff interaction and the skills to work in a team environment.
- A Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL). Must have a clean driving record and a minimum of 2 years CDL experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of continuous machinery operation experience, including backhoe/trackhoe and loader.
- Minimum of 3 years managing construction projects.
- The ability to schedule and assist with the management of junior staff to execute field work.
- Strong interpersonal communication and written skills for staff interaction and the skills to work in a team environment.
- A Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Mechanical ability–Assist in maintaining fleet of field vehicles/trucks and earth moving machinery and other equipment. Experience operating a bulldozer a plus.
- Experience transporting and managing hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal. CDL with HAZMAT and air brake endorsement a plus.
- AHERA building inspector and/or Asbestos Safety Technician (AST) certification and experience a plus.
- Experience supervising/foreman of contractors, laborers and other equipment operators during field project implementation.
- Experience preparing cost estimates, ordering materials and managing equipment during field work.
- Training and mentoring of new and junior staff.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER and other OSHA training a plus.